Of beautiful visits in perspectives!
Black Périgord is endowed with a multitude of classified places of interest. The Dordogne is a region considered as country of the thousand one castles. Caves, abysses, abbeys, ancient country-houses and gardens will know how to occupy your days.
You will find a unique concentration of the ” more beautiful villages of France there “: saint Léon-sur-vézere, Saint-amand-de-coly, Castelnaud the chapel, Domme, Beynac-et-cazenac, The Roque-Gageac, Belvés, Monpazier and finally Limeuil, situated in the confluence of the Dordogne and the Vézére.
The medieval City of Sarlat will offer you the charm of its alleys which will seem to you different as you will discover them in the daytime when of night …
In 4 km of the Campsite – Caravanning 3 stars Beautiful Shade, the castle of Castelnaud dominate the nice valley in the hollow of which winds Céou, between poplars, willows and walnuts, before throwing itself into the Dordogne.
Beautiful Shade is ideally situated near the magnificent medieval city of Sarlat, picturesque villages of Domme, Beynac, Roque-Gageac, Milandes, Castelnaud the Chapel with their magnificent castles, Eyzies, world capital of the prehistory, the famous cave of Lascaux, the garden of Marqueyssac and its fantastic view over the valley …
But also, the walks in lighters, the descent in canoe on the Dordogne where bathing and good mood will enclose a day rich in memories.
For the sportsmen, the cliffs of escalation which overhang the valley of Céou propose to the climbers of ways equipped for beginners or virtuosos … Recently created, the green way of the valley of Céou will allow you to reunite Castelnaud-la-Chapelle and its famous medieval castle to Bouzic, about fifteen kilometers farther. Bikes can be rented and delivered on the campsite. Numerous routes in canoes are proposed. They will make you discover, in a playful way, the natural landscapes of the valley of Céou or Dordogne, offering an original point of view on the numerous castles which decorate his banks.
To come to Beautiful Shade, it also is to give the opportunity to taste the dishes of our so beautiful region, The Dordogne is a country renowned for its good table and its gastronomy.
The regional products of Périgord, presented on the numerous markets which settle down in our villages will delight the finest palaces.
For the delight of papillae, restaurants invite you to taste their specialities: confits and duck breasts, enchauds, omelets in ceps, foies gras, sarladaises potatoes, walnuts cakes.
Castles establish one of marvel of Périgord. They are many to be visited.
- The Castle de Beynac, Medieval fortress, dominate the valley of the Dordogne down from its cliff
- The Castle de Castelnaud, Classified as “Historic Monument”, he(it) offers a magnificent panorama on Beynac, Marqueyssac and Castling Gageac
- The Castle des Milandes, Of Renaissance style, Joséphine BAKER’s former house you can attend a magnificent show of bird of prey.
- The Manor de Gisson To Sarlat, classified as “Historic Monument” is situated at the heart of the conservation area of the old town
- Maison Forte de Reignac, Only castle cliff in France must to be totally intact! He is richly furnished and a sound system of atmosphere interferes you more in this place so particular.
- The Castle de Puymartin Situated between Sarlat and Eyzies, built in the XIIth siécle then destroyed during the war of hundred years and reconstructed by 1450 it is at that time that is born the legend of the white lady, immured by a jealous husband! His(her) ghost already showed himself to several people can be will feel you his(her,its) presence by visiting the castle!
- The Abbaye de Cadouin, Old monastery registers on the UNESCO world heritage, buried between the forest of the besséde between the river Dordogne and the Couze.
The prehistory marked with its imprint the department of the Dordogne and in particular the valley of Vézére. Numerous tracks of past are still present in numerous caves, parks and museums.
During your stay in our campsite in Dordogne, in cultural title or of leisure activities, you can escape in one of the numerous Gardens and remarkable Parks of Périgord.
- Jardin d’Eyrignac located in Salignac Eyvigues : www.eyrignac.com
- Jardin de Marqueyssac located inVézac : marqueyssac.com
- Jardin de l’Albarède located in St Cybranet : www.jardins-albarede.com
- Jardin de L’imaginaire located in Terrasson : www.jardins-imaginaire.com
- Jardin d’Eau located in Carsac Aillac : www.jardinsdeau.com
- Jardin Panoramique de Limeuil : jardins-panoramiques-limeuil.com
The gastronomy and the local markets to discover the flavors of our country
Traditional markets : the morning, all year long
Monday : Les Eyzies (en saison), st Alvère
Tuesday : Le Bugue, Cénac
Wednesday : St Cyprien (mi-avril à mi-septembre), Sarlat, Monpazier
Thursday : Meyrals (en saison), Domme, St Julien de lampon
Friday : Saint Pompon, Le Buisson
Saturday : Belvès, Sarlat, Le Bugue
Sunday : Saint cyprien, Daglan, Carsac Aillac (en saison)
Greedy markets : in season, night-with on-the-spot consumption
Monday : Montignac, Veyrines de Domme (boutique des bois d’enveaux)
Tuesday : Le Bugue, Le Coux
Wednesday : Belvès, Meyrals (15/07 – 12/08), Saint-Geniès
Thursday : Saint Cyprien
Friday : Saint Cybranet, les Eyzies, Le Buisson
Saturday : Saint Pompon
Sunday : Limeuil
You want to spend pleasant moments? You look for a campsite in Périgord to discover the beauties of the Dordogne ?
Campsite in Dordogne
Camping *** BEL OMBRAGE
24250 Saint Cybranet – France
Tél : +33 (0)553 283 414
GPS 44° 47′ 28” N- 1° 9” 44′ E
(44.791178 – 1.162304)
June and September:
daily from 9:00 to 19:00
July and August:
daily from 8:00 to 22:00